Join our Team
At Stratton, we are always looking for dynamic professionals to work with us in producing the most effective and exciting publications, and the most strategic communications for our clients.
Specific job openings may be listed below. Additionally, we are regularly looking for creative talent in key areas and welcome your information:
- Freelance writers and proofers
- Graphic design and production
- Advertising Sales
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Mail: Attn: HR Stratton Publishing & Marketing Inc.
5285 Shawnee Road, Suite 510
Alexandria, VA 22312
Staff Accountant--Part Time
Stratton Publishing & Marketing Inc seeks an experienced accountant on a part-time basis (3 days a week) to work in our publishing/media company in Alexandria, VA. The accountant will oversee all bookkeeping and finance, HR/payroll, invoicing/job costing, and other services using QuickBooks Pro and Excel, a well as other Office programs. Job duties include:
- Provides all aspects of bookkeeping/accounting, including AP/AR, payroll/HR, and month end reconciliation.
- Reconciles the monthly bank statements, prepares monthly financial reports.
- Tracks time and job cost/expense information in QuickBooks Pro and creates client invoices in Excel. Maintains Excel spreads on job cost/staff hours spreads.
- Develops and maintains budget v. actual spread sheets on jobs in Excel.
- Maintains company state and county tax/property/business records.
- Coordinates with outside payroll service and HR pension programs.
- Directs and supervises administrative assistant in bookkeeping, administrative duties, etc.
- College graduate with strong oral/written communication skills
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks Pro and Office/Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting/financial management and HR with small businesses.
- Highly attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook in Windows/XP environment
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
Marketing & Publications Intern
Location: Alexandria, VA
Hours: Part-time, 10-15 hrs/week, flexible
We are looking for a dynamic marketing/business/communications intern who wants to get a great real-world experience in business/marketing/communications and publishing. The intern will help market listings in our twice annual facility design publication, plus other marketing/communication projects for the company’s marketing and research efforts and other publications.
- Make telemarketing calls to architectural firms to alert them to closing deadlines and encourage submitting a design project.
- Write, format/design, and disseminate email promotions to market paid listings by architects in the magazine.
- Research, write, and layout news and marketing stories for bimonthly e-newsletter; provide production support of print publication.
- Update databases as needed.
- Assist with production of other publications, including proofing, editing, writing.
- Provide electronic and social media marketing support for various projects as needed.
- Marketing, Business, Communications/Journalism/E-media student, preferably junior or senior
- Outgoing, self starter, at ease making marketing sales calls
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and some experience with marketing copy/news writing, including social media and web
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Constant Contact/other e-mail marketing software a plus.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to
Creative Freelance Writers