Join our Team
At Stratton, we are always looking for dynamic professionals to work with us in producing the most effective and exciting publications, and the most strategic communications for our clients.
Specific job openings may be listed below. Additionally, we are regularly looking for creative talent in key areas and welcome your information:
- Freelance writers and proofers
- Graphic design and production
- Advertising Sales
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Mail: Attn: HR Stratton Publishing & Marketing Inc.
5285 Shawnee Road, Suite 510
Alexandria, VA 22312
Marketing & Publications Intern
Location: Alexandria, VA
Hours: Part-time, 10-15 hrs/week, flexible
We are looking for a dynamic marketing/business/communications intern who wants to get a great real-world experience in business/marketing/communications and publishing. The intern will help market listings in our twice annual facility design publication, plus other marketing/communication projects for the company’s marketing and research efforts and other publications.
- Make telemarketing calls to architectural firms to alert them to closing deadlines and encourage submitting a design project.
- Write, format/design, and disseminate email promotions to market paid listings by architects in the magazine.
- Research, write, and layout news and marketing stories for bimonthly e-newsletter; provide production support of print publication.
- Update databases as needed.
- Assist with production of other publications, including proofing, editing, writing.
- Provide electronic and social media marketing support for various projects as needed.
- Marketing, Business, Communications/Journalism/E-media student, preferably junior or senior
- Outgoing, self starter, at ease making marketing sales calls
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and some experience with marketing copy/news writing, including social media and web
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Constant Contact/other e-mail marketing software a plus.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to
Creative Freelance Writers